Help us deliver Christmas – become a Mail Sorter at Royal Mail with Angard Staffing
Unsurprisingly, Christmas is the busiest time of year at Royal Mail. And with so many parcels and letters flowing through our warehouse, we always need a few thousand extra hands! Every year over the holiday season, flexible workers from all walks of life help us to get everything where it needs to go.
Unwrap a new role
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you’ll play a key role in bringing Christmas to people across the UK! As a Mail Sorter, you’ll be unloading mail and parcels, moving them through our warehouses and ensuring that they arrive at their destination safely. During a single shift, you could sort over a million items with your team! It’s a very important role so flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are key.
Our Christmas wish list for Mail Sorters
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You’re proactive and detail-focused
- You’re flexible and happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- You’re able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- You can comfortably stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before (we love new people!), but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. If you’ve worked for Amazon or another distribution company (such as DPD, DHL or XPO), then you’re definitely on our wish list too!
But these roles aren’t just for Christmas – when you join Angard Staffing, you do so as on a flexible, permanent basis. You can choose your hours and work shifts that fit around your other commitments and, subject to availability, we’ll be able to continue to offer you work on an ongoing basis.
- You will need to be 18 years or older to work night shifts at this location.
- Due to the level of security clearance we expect all staff to work a minimum of 2-3 shifts per week within the possibility to work all 5 days.
- Shift times 2200 – 0300 Monday to Friday (overtime available after full training)
- This role requires Angard Staffing to conduct extensive referencing on your last 5 years in the UK
From 18th October 2021 to 28th February 2022, the following rates apply:
|Mon-Sat 0600-2200||Mon-Sat 2200-0600||Sunday 0600-2200||Sunday 2200-0600||Bank Holiday|
From 28th February 2022, starter rates return to (shift dependent):
|Age 16-17 years||Age 18-20 years||Age 21-22 years||Age 23 years+|
|N/A||£6.56 – £9.00||£8.36 – £10.00||£8.91 – £10.99|
After completing 12 calendar weeks of service with Angard Staffing, pay rates will increase to match Royal Mail permanent employees, in line with Agency Workers Regulations (AWR).